Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Jack's Birthday!

John and I are happy to announce that Jackson is 4 years old today  It feels like yesterday that I got to wheel down the halls of Methodist Germantown in the middle of the night to see him  for the first time ever in the NICU. He had and IV, Oxygen mask, and NG tube and he was so tiny. He was tiny to me but compared to the other babies in the NICU he was a giant at 5lbs 14oz.  His birth and life have been filled with so much drama, I can barely recall it all. I look back on the carepages to help my memory sometimes.

Here's the part where if you teach Elizabeth and Wesley you should tyrn your head...
We took the day for a family day to celebrate Jackson's birthday with a trip to Incredible Pizza. Before we dealt with mito I would have sent them to school. I feel like life is way too short and so is childhood these days that I have instituted a new policy for the Culley family. The new policy is no school for anyone on a birthday. They only come once a year and I'm so glad that they do!! Each birthday is so very special. It marks a year full of discovery and growth for my kiddos and I think that deserves a celebration.
Life is precious...Celebrate your years!!!

Jackson's race is coming! Are you ready?

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Happy Birthday to Jackson!! And I am with you all the way on the birthday celebrations!

    I am glad to be able to support your efforts with the 5K. Good luck tomorrow!

    Lisa Morris

    ReplyDelete