Pageviews past week

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessings and Gratitude

Saturday was such a BIG day! It was cold and rainey weather wise but the day was filled with the warmth of friends and family. Are you ready for the results? Drum Roll please....$18,0000 was donated to the UMDF. I am super excited!!!! THANK YOU! !!!! Every dollar means hope to me. Hope that a treatment/cure is just aroung the corner.  I feel so strongly that a treatment plan is possible for mito. It's going to take time, money and most of all, everyone working together for a cure/treatment. I am so grateful to all of you for the hope you gave on Saturday. I am looking forward to next year!

Jackson has been fighting a cold now for 5wks. We've had days that I've thought we've got it licked and then Jackson gets weak and tired and it feels like we start over. I have been giving Jackson his vest treatments twice a day along with Qvar and ProAir. His O2 levels have been within normal limits but I am keeping a close eye on the numbers. I am doing my best to make sure he gets enough rest. I started the process to get a home health nurse in December when Jackson had pneumonia. Audra started on Tuesday. She was able to keep Jackson at home Tuesday night while I took Elizabeth and Wesley to Family Basketball night at Jeter.
I felt so guilty leaving him at home. I know in my head that it was better for him to be warm and dry at home rather  than out in the cold rain. I missed him all the same at the basketball game. I wish so much he was able to follow his big brother around and annoy his big sister my getting into her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment