Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

still ridin the virus train

Yesterday was a good day. His temps were 99.3-100 on Tyenol all day. We had one respitory event that was no where near the one we had on Mon. His resps increased because his temp increased. His temp went down and stayed down overnight.Our friend Ginny Gross from our church came and staued with jack last night while John and I went to Elizabeth and Wesley's christmas play at Jeter. While we were there Ginny called and told us they were going to have to redo his IV. The play ended shortly after the phone call so we zoomed back to LeBonheur. They put a new iv in and he cried. This makes his fifth. He has gotten wise to the nurses ways and is anticipated the pain. That is hard to bear but also I think it is a good thing to because he is anticipating.My sweet is in there! After the iv he coughed some big coughs and needwed suction. I tried rto suction but he wouldn't open his mouth. He was like NO! I tried to get him to open his mouth again and he opened slightly and vomitted all over his bed. Ginny was still with us and between her, John and I we had it all cleaned up pretty fast. Jackson had two stressful events so close together, I decided no vest treatment for the night. He slept through and so did I.I think we may have slept more than Caroline and Harrison. Stinker has a ear infection and is causing trouble too.
This morning (wed) his temp has been normal till 12:30. It was 100.4 We gave him Tylenol and just rechecked it @ 2:20. It was 98.4. He had a short morning nap that was interupted by respitory therapy visit. He needed his treatment but I still hated waking him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment